Join my group and get by FB’s algorithms that limit the number of my postings that will appear. Just click here and add your friends too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/veniceflorida/
City administrative offices closed Nov. 12 in observance of Veterans Day | City of Sarasota
Sarasota, FL: City administrative offices will be closed Monday, Nov. 12, in observance of the Veterans Day holiday.
Garbage, recycling and yard waste pickups will not be affected.
Hours of operation at recreation and cultural arts facilities will vary:
- Arlington Park and Aquatic Center, 2650 Waldemere St., will be closed.
- Bobby Jones Golf Club, 1000 Circus Boulevard, will be open regular hours: 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Lido Pool, 400 Benjamin Franklin Drive, will be closed.
- Payne Park Tennis Center, 2050 Adams Lane, will be open limited hours: 7:30 a.m. to noon.
- Robert L. Taylor Community Complex, 1845 John Rivers Street, will be open limited hours: 6-10 a.m.
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall, 777 N. Tamiami Trail – The Box Office will be closed.
The City, in conjunction with the Sarasota Patriotic Observance Committee, will host the 2018 Veterans Day parade and ceremony on Sunday, Nov. 11. The parade will begin at 10 a.m. at Main Street and Osprey Avenue and will end at Chaplain J.D. Hamel Park at the corner of Main Street and Gulfstream Avenue, where an 11 a.m. ceremony will be held.
This year’s ceremony will honor Vietnam veterans and all female veterans, including World War II female vets, with the theme “All Gave Some. Some Gave All.”
Those interested in participating should contact Dan Kennedy, Patriotic Observance Committee Chairman, at 941-812-5406.
Sarasota Municipal Auditorium, 801 N. Tamiami Trail, will host a Vintage & Collectibles Fair from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Nov. 10-11. Admission is just $3 for both days. For more information, visit srqauditorium.com.