Email To The Scoop – As a longtime Venetian who has remained to weather the storm, I have some very serious questions that bear answering about shelters
RERANT FROM VENICE FRIENDLY PEOPLE :
As a longtime Venetian who has remained to weather the storm, I have some very serious questions that bear answering:
1. WHY is there ONLY ONE shelter in Venice, and is it a joke that is is located in the evacuation A Zone on the ISLAND OF VENICE?
2. WHERE is OUR coverage? We aren’t as interested in MANATEE, as we are our OWN county- Sarasota
3. There has been NO presence of Sarasota County Commisssioners, Venice City Council Members nor have we heard A WORD from our illustrious MAYOR, John Holic. Do they flee? Who did they leave in charge?
4. Channel 7 is trying, but they can’t help but be redundant. Do we need to see a tree falling over in Naples?
5. Venice Middle, Garden El are both solidly built and located several miles east of the gulf. WHY were they not established as a shelter?
6. Whomever suggested (and advertised) Taylor Ranch El must have been (experimenting) with some of that “Medi Juana” we hear so much about- because IT backs up to Manasota Key, and THEY are zone A and were the FIRST TO BE EVACUATED ON FRIDAY.
Ok, thank you for allowing this rant- now, answers please?
This came from Venice Florida Rant and Raves
This article was chosen for republication based on the interest of our readers. The Uncensored Report (Scoop News) republishes stories from a number of other independent news sources. The views expressed in this article may or may not reflect my editorial policy. Francesco Abbruzzino