Florida sheriff warn parents after a child overdoses on a vape pen that was laced with an unknown substance
The Martin County Sheriff’s Office is investigating three cases of non-life threatening overdoses that occurred at two separate high schools today.
One case was reported at the South Fork High School, two additional cases were reported at Martin County High School. The teenagers reportedly inhaled an unknown substance through a vape pen. All three became ill. At least two of the victims fell unconscious. The teenagers were each transported to area hospitals, where they are being treated.
The Martin County Sheriff’s Office is working closely with Martin County School District Officials to inform parents of the potential danger that this unknown substance can pose to students. MCSO Narcotics Investigators are speaking to witnesses to try to determine the source of the drug. It does appear to be a THC oil mixed with other synthetic substances.
We are urging all parents to speak to your children about this issue and the use of vape pens, as well as the dangers of using such unknown substances.