I often update these pages and since the majority of my website traffic is via cell phones, I like to remind individuals to refresh their browser. I say that because a lot of times the browsers do not automatically update the page.
I realize the pages are not loading as they should, it is due to the high number of visits to my site. I am upgrading and the new plan should be in place by 2.16.19
Venice Fire collecting supplies for those impacted by Hurricane Michael
City of Venice firefighters are collecting supplies for those who were impacted by Hurricane Michael last year. The firefighters are working with the United Cajun Navy to assist those still in need in Cottondale, Fla., and surrounding communities. There are still a reported 1,100 people without power. VFD’s goal is to continue to support those in need and assist them during these difficult times.
Supplies can be dropped off at Fire Station 2, 200 N. Grove St., Venice; or Fire Station 3, 5300 E. Laurel Rd., Venice.
Items needed are:
· Nonperishables, canned and boxed foods
· Drinks of all kinds
· Snacks, pudding, protein bars, jerky, etc.
· Contractor trash bags
· Large trash bags
· Paper towels
· Toilet paper
· Mold killer
· Lysol, disinfectants, brooms, buckets, mops
· Laundry soap, dish soap
· Brushes, razors, toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant
· Dry shampoo, regular shampoo and conditioner
· Walkers, canes
· Elderly supplies, Depends
· Advil, Band-Aids, adult cold medicine
· Air mattresses, new pillows, blankets
· Donated clothing has to be new (it can be without tags), for kids and seniors all ages and sizes
· Building supplies, generators, grills, tools, batteries, solar lights, flashlights, bug spray
· Baby diapers, wipes, children’s cold medicine
· Gift cards for big box stores like Walmart, or prepaid Visa cards
· Any monetary donations should be in check form, made out to “Venice Firefighters Benevolent Fund.” In the memo line, please write “For Hurricane Michael Relief.”
If anyone would like to donate a card and put in a few words for a family in need — let them know that you’re thinking of them and give them a little inspiration — they would love this too!
The United Cajun Navy Inc. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Therefore, 100% of your donation is tax-deductible. Please use the EIN number 82-5013897 to claim your tax donation.
The United Cajun Navy is also looking for volunteers to travel to the area and assist with the moving of debris. Those interested in doing so may contact Venice Fire Chief Shawn Carvey via email at email@example.com